my madness delivered direct to your inbox


Man! It has been awhile. I really appreciate your looking after the place while I've been gone. Everything looks terrific. Seriously - the chrysanthemums would have been withered shadows of their former selves in my care. Even my goldfish seem perkier. I can't thank you enough.

So take a load off! Make yourself comfortable! I'll make coffee.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

nine surprises encountered while on safari


  • rain barrel outside hut stocked with something that clearly wasn't Evian
  • during documentary filming, vegan hyenas refused to eat wounded gazelle
  • sides of rhinos used as ad space for GAP and Verizon
  • "Serengeti" is a really really funny word when you're drunk
  • nothing tastes better than barbecue of endangered species
  • native clicking language made up years ago to mock American tourists
  • that big ball of yarn those lions were playing with? actually a human head
  • difficult locals refused to tape new episode of Boston Legal for us
  • turns out it's not so much a dry heat

No comments: